I am someone who, in the past, has professed to hate New Year’s resolutions but I feel like, after a very tumultuous 2014, I have my head in a good place. As a result I feel that I can look to self improvement rather than just to get back to a state I had attained before. My first attempt at writing this was so damn generic, however, it made me look like I wanted to be a pig, in a cage, on anti-biotics.
I am not going to be the Orwellian ideal of a member of society and nor am I going to be the man from “Fitter, Happier” by Radiohead. So here are solid things that I want done by the end of 2016.
- Write 12 songs (in my opinion, an album’s worth) that I am really happy with and would perform to other people
- Finish a longform piece of fiction for the first time in years.
- Get to 3.5k MMR in Dota.
- Learn how to cook Asian food from scratch, and do so on a regular basis.
- Read a book approximately every week and write about it in my reading diary (yes, I have one. I got it for my 18th birthday)
- Pass my exams (duh)
- Update this blog regularly
Happy New Year to you all 🙂